Retrieved by Pat Darnell and Son | Mar 6, 2013 | Bryan TX
[Picture LINK] In 2004, forward-looking members of the U.S. Army saw the potential flexible displays could bring to soldiers while on the battelfield.
Every time a manufacturer develops a new device, it spells death to many current devices. Easy to understand, right? Right. But is it going to deliver what it promises, and for how long will it deliver before the next device is developed?
Really, this is the root of MooPig's Tech Coroner Department. Without constant developments in state-of-the-art electronic devices our guys in the basement, without windows, would not have that much to do.
What Technologies will "Flexible Displays" supplant?
- Badges: Will flex-display stop a bullet?
- Ultra-pure display glass ... not needed
- Individual Soldier relies on "hand signals" or "shouts" in terms of "communication" ... All Gone
- "Hardware" and "heavy duty brackets" for hanging glass displays ... outdated
- Your "PC" ... to the land-fills.
- "Flat screen TV, projectors, cell phones" ... ta ta .
START at 13:39 ... that this technology can be used in many different ways 13:43 to enhance a TV, a movie experience, 13:45 or increase the reality of a flight simulator, 13:48 or make educational scenarios more exciting. 13:51 We look forward 13:53 tour continued partnership with Samsung 13:55 to deliver the next generation of devices 13:58 and services.
'via Blog this'