[BookCover LINK]End of Books
by Pat Darnell | May 11, 2015 | Bryan TX
"Seasons change and so do I, you need not wonder why ..." Yes there is no time left for you or me. I studied the aspect of publishing online for almost a decade. I have decided that publishing can be done without initial cost, electronically. KDP, Kindle Direct Publishing, hosts writers, serious and nominalists [like us], for all seasons and reasons, electronically. There, we said it twice, electronically. You can publish your book at no expense by signing on to KDP, the arm of Amazon that serves you well [HERE].
New Title Checklist:
- Book Content: You will be asked to upload your manuscript in a recommended format. We recommend using Kindle content creation tools to create children's books, educational content, comics and manga.
- Book Cover: Use our online Cover Creator, or upload your cover in a supported format.
- Description, Keywords and Categories: Tell readers about your book and help them find it on Amazon.
- Book Content: I have a bunch of stories that have been around for over eight years and have been looked at by many folks. I made them into .doc files using a free download of OpenOffice. KDP uses the .mobi file system that Amazon developed for itself, and your .doc file will be automatically translated when you upload. It is mind numbingly easy.
- I used the Cover Creator to make covers from my own block of original .jpeg pictures on my PC.You make your cover after you download your content file ... it is part of the KDP self-help process. It works well, and KDP offers some templates.
- Be prepared to "hawk" peddle own works aggressively, with several "tags, KeyWords, phrases, and pricing." KDP has this all covered for you in their "upload and setup."
I am not a youngster. I have six children, from 36 to 19, who depend on me to overstate the obvious at key times in their lives. I have no private life, except here on line. You need to know this because everything I do in the MooPig is "experimental." I "live to write," and hope to someday assist my children to "write to live." I with MooPig Wisdom made a promise in 2006 to be the Writers' writer, and to encourage voice, content, and style in our everyday communications and writings. Those sentiments are stated in blurbs at the bottom of the blog, MooPig Wisdom.
End of books? I don't think so. Sometimes authors must self-publish to get started on finding a reader. As a matter of fact, it is more often the case than not, that self-publishing is favored for start-up. From the Beatles to Longfellow, self-publishing is the first act of the artist in these regards. I found a way to publish by spending no cash. It is available to all, electronically, and Amazon also has a print on demand sub routine that makes your book available in print. The best part of that is you don't have to stockpile your book as if you print it the "old-fashion way" through a publisher.
I plan to crowd my bookshelf at Amazon KDP with fifty titles, or publish a book a week for a year. It is an obtainable goal as I have started, and now have the bug.
I hope this helps writers everywhere in their quest to be heard. Publishing used to be a wall to climb with defenders of the city beyond raining arrows and hot oil down on you. Dash that from your journey, and join this KDP publishing bubble. "I did my Time, Now it is Time to Publish."